Social Responsibility Policy
First In Work Safety, Prioritizing Environmental Protection, Establishing Harmonious Labor Relations, Shared Prosperity
Chi Mei Corporation dedicates to provide safe and appropriate work environment for employees, maintain the rights of employees, and fulfill corporate social responsibility. To carry out and perform Chi Mei Corporation’s social responsibility, from July 2014, we apply SA8000 Social Responsibility Management System, to establish social responsibility management system and structure complying with international regulations, to protect the rights of employees and safe working place.
Chi Mei Corporation follows the following announced code of conduct in the process of product manufacture, sales, and after-sales services to customers.
1. No use of child labor, and does not accept suppliers or subcontractors to use child labor.
2. Respect employee’s freedom, prohibit any forms of forced labor, and does not accept suppliers or subcontractors to use forced labor.
3. Provide safe and healthy work and living conditions, ensure employee’s safety and health.
4. Promote labor-management cooperation, respect employee’s opinion.
5. Provide equal and fair work environment, and prohibit any forms of discrimination.
6. Respect employee’s basic human rights, and prohibit any forms of insulting behavior.
7. Arrange production schedule, employee’s working time and rest time reasonably.
8. Provide reasonable salaries and benefits, which can at least satisfy employee’s basic needs.
9. Respect employee’s right to associate freely and bargain collectively.
10. The management and operation of organization comply with relevant government and international regulations, and improve continuously.
When suppliers supply products or services to us, we request that our suppliers support and comply with our social responsibility policy and code of conduct.
SA 8000 Certification